This is excerpted from an earlier post during the last Presidential primary season. I pulled the quotes from the excellent resource website, “On The Issues.”
See if you can identify the speaker as Mitt Romney, or Hillary Clinton:
1) “I am adamantly against illegal immigrants. People have got to stop employing illegal immigrants. you see loads of people waiting to get picked up to go do yard work & construction work & domestic work.”
2) “We have to have our citizens insured, and we’re not going to do that by tax exemptions, because the people that don’t have insurance aren’t paying taxes.”
3) “I hate the idea of in any way making it more difficult for kids, even those who are illegal aliens, to afford college.”
4) “We need to stand firm on behalf of sensible gun control legislation.”
5) “I also support an assault weapon ban.”
6) “The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they’re not.”
7) “I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion.”
8] “We ought to be providing domestic partnership benefits for people who are in homosexual and lesbian relationships.”
(1) Hillary, (2) Mitt, (3) Mitt, (4) Hillary, (5) Mitt, (6) Hillary, (7) Hillary, (8) Hillary
So, how did you do? I live in a deep red state so my protest vote against Mitt won’t mean very much.
But for you conservatives who think Mitt is the only way to “win” the country back, take a look at Mitt’s changing stands on the issues that matter. Look closely. No one has forced Mitt to change his mind on them. Just naked opportunism. You decide if it’s worth it to you to elect someone who is the Republican version of Hillary Clinton.
I know what my answer is.
Filed under: 2nd amendment, conservatism, election 2012, illegal immigration, News and politics | Tagged: 2nd amendment, conservatism, election 08, election 2012, hillary, illegal immigration, liberal agenda, News and politics, romney |