Judicial News Monday


First up, The US Supreme Court has ruled in the Ricci discrimination case…. reversing the lower court, and finding in favor of Ricci.  The lower court included current SCOTUS nominee Sonia Sotomayor.

Second, from the Federal Courthouse in the Southern District of New York, Bernie Madoff is sentenced to 150 years, which is the statutory maximum sentence.  Might as well say, Madoff is sentenced to death in prison.

3 Responses

  1. Madoff didn’t act alone. The “regulators” were his partners in crime. That needs to be seriously looked into and additional prison sentences imposed.

  2. I’m ready to see some frog-marches

  3. The problem that Sotomayor will run into is that her decision was not even really a decision; it was a single paragraph that disposed of the issue without mentioning even a single case or statute to support it.

    I think she will get confirmed, but the best possible result is for Repubilcans to hammer her, demonstrate to America that her judicial philosophy is messed up, vote in lockstep against her nomination (based on the fact that she’s racist), and then allow the Dems to confirm her… at great political expense.

    70% of America thinks that this was discrimination, and the other 30% don’t understand that New Haven did everything possible to design a racially-neutral test. Fun times.

Comments are closed.

Le Blog BlookUp

Imprimez vos contenus digitaux en livre avec BlookUp !

Jan Smitowicz's Author Blog

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"ONE HELL OF A WRITER"--Derrick Jensen, award-winning author of Endgame~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spotlight Entertainment Blog by POMMG

Making footprints in the sand that become a path to your door via social media.

singhanshita1

Be what you are..

ALAN PRAKASH

"see the world through my lens"

WORKER SECT IN GREECE: FROM WORKER SECT TO ORTHODOXY ╰⊰¸¸.•¨* ST JOHN MAXIMOVITCH & ST KEVIN OF IRELAND

PAINTING LEAVES IN ORTHODOXY - EASTERN ORTHODOX CHURCH ╰⊰¸¸.•¨* Abel-Tasos Gkiouzelis - http://gkiouzelis.wordpress.com - Email: gkiouz.anast@gmail.com - Feel free to email me…! I wish you always have the smile of God in your heart...! ​May to be always near Holy Confession!​⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•**╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**•• Ζωγραφίζοντας Φύλλα στην Ορθοδοξία - Ανατολική Ορθόδοξη Εκκλησία ╰⊰¸¸.•¨* Άβελ-Τάσος Γκιουζέλης - http://gkiouzelis.wordpress.com - Email: gkiouz.anast@gmail.com - Στήλτε οτιδήποτε επιθυμείτε…! Να έχετε το χαμόγελο του Θεού στην καρδιά σας, πάντα κοντά στην γλυκιά Θεία Εξομολόγηση!​ ​⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•**╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**••​ ​Ωρες Εξομολόγησης: https://workersectingreece.wordpress.com/ores-eksomologisis/

thephysicsglobal

Un blog que tiene como objetivo sacar una sonrisa a la gente <3

andreinewcreation

Nu-mi dați sfaturi. Știu sa greșesc și singur

Greenwich Lane

Sharing our love affair with food

ABEL-TASOS GKIOUZELIS: MY HEART SITES ╰⊰¸¸.•¨* ST JOHN MAXIMOVITCH & ST KEVIN OF IRELAND

Orthodox Heart Sites - Ορθόδοξα Ιστολόγια ⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•**╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**•• PAINTING LEAVES IN ORTHODOXY - EASTERN ORTHODOX CHURCH ╰⊰¸¸.•¨* Abel-Tasos Gkiouzelis - http://gkiouzelis.wordpress.com - Email: gkiouz.anast@gmail.com - Feel free to email me…! I wish you always have the smile of God in your heart...! ​May to be always near Holy Confession!​⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•**╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**•• Ζωγραφίζοντας Φύλλα στην Ορθοδοξία - Ανατολική Ορθόδοξη Εκκλησία ╰⊰¸¸.•¨* Άβελ-Τάσος Γκιουζέλης - http://gkiouzelis.wordpress.com - Email: gkiouz.anast@gmail.com - Στήλτε οτιδήποτε επιθυμείτε…! Να έχετε το χαμόγελο του Θεού στην καρδιά σας, πάντα κοντά στην γλυκιά Θεία Εξομολόγηση!​ ​⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•**╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰¸¸.•¨*••.¸╰⊰*⊰¸¸.•**••​ ​Ωρες Εξομολόγησης: https://workersectingreece.wordpress.com/ores-eksomologisis/

I Do And Adieu!

Learning to live and love in Japan.

Twenty Something in the 2010s

Tips and tricks on adulting in the 2010s

dadmarketing

Exploring the world of marketing to dads

Photography by Manos, Flora and Marinos

The Little Lai: Beyond limits

A desultory traveler beyond limits. Sharing his travel experiences and random views.

manosds1's Blog

A topnotch WordPress.com site

Archeocake

Torte del passato riviste in chiave moderna

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 5,298 other followers

%d bloggers like this: