After reading Ana Marie Cox’s (Time/Wonkette) puff piece on Markos “Screw ‘Em” Moulitsas, here are the top 5 things I didn’t know.
1. Since backing Ned Lamentos’ successful primary effort against Joe Lieberman, Markos considers himself to be the Netroots King-Maker. This after his personally endorsed candidates had previously gone a combined 0 – 16. [Note to Wonkette and The King: Primary wins are one thing, but if Lieberman wins the General Election, that makes you a combined 0 - 17 in elections that matter.]
And, this was priceless:
The day after Lamont’s win, Moulitsas came to lunch in a Lamont T-shirt. But he fumbled when a woman walked over to our table, pointed at his shirt, and said, “Can you tell me anything about that guy other than he’s antiwar?” He couldn’t.
2. Markos pulls down about $600,000/year from Daily Kos …
3. He plans on stopping his blogging duties at Kos next year.
4. His next idea? To build leftist “cultural outposts” all across the midwest. … “a chain of giant meeting places “replicating megachurches for the left” – complete with cafés and child care.”
5. He’s short, really short.